Finance and Spousal Visas

What are Financial and Spousal Visas?

Do you have a fiancée or a new wife who’s been ruled inadmissible to the U.S.? Perhaps you’re wondering whether to marry here or in the other country? Or maybe you’ve married somebody abroad and want to bring them back here with you?

Under these circumstances, a Fiance or Spousal Visa applies to your situation.


As a U.S. citizen, you can bring your Fiancé(e) to the United States with the intention to marry and live here with a Fiancé(e) K1 Visa.

With the K1 visa, the foreign fiance will be able to travel to the U.S. and marry their sponsor within the 90 days window. Afterwards, the foreign citizen can apply for an adjustment of status to become a legal permanent resident (LPR) with USCIS.

Spouse Visas on the other hand offer two possible options–IR-1 or CR-1 and K3 visas. You can bring your spouse to the U.S. by way of a Petition for Alien Relative, I-130 or nonimmigrant visa (K3). A “spouse” is defined as the legally wedded husband or wife, including same sex spouses of U.S. citizens and LPRs. In some cases, common-law spouses may qualify for the same benefits.
The CR-1 spousal visa is valid for 6 months and permits the holder to come to the U.S. and reside permanently. With this visa, no adjustment of status is necessary.

Next Steps:

Seeking a Fiance or Spousal Visa is a very complex process, and it may be easier to understand if you talk to an immigration lawyer in person. At Abdelhadi and Associates, PC, we have been helping people with immigration problems for nearly 20 years.

To talk to one of our expert immigration lawyers about your particular Fiance or Spousal Visa case, call 469-249-9835 or complete our contact form. We look forward to helping you fulfill your purpose!